Looking for something special but inexpensive to do for Valentine’s Day? Head to the water on the Capt. Anderson III and enjoy a 1-1/2 hour scenic cruise on beautiful St. Andrews Bay while watching for wild Bottlenose Dolphins and Sea Birds! **CALL FOR RESERVATIONS 850-234-3435** Two Sailings to Choose From: 1:30pm-3pm or 4pm-5:30pm
Adult $17, Senior & Military $15, Children $10, Under 2 FREE
**Ask about the 15% off discount on Valentine’s Day meal at Marina Cantina!
WED – SUN, 12/17/14 – 12/21/14
“Christmas in Bethlehem – 4 nights on the Grand Lagoon”
Take a stroll through Bethlehem and experience some of the sights and sounds of the ancient village where Mary & Joseph came to register for the census and where Jesus was born in a manger.
Admission to the Village is free, but the tax collectors will gladly accept donations of canned goods and unwrapped toys.
The Village opens at 4pm with two full programs at 4:15 and 5:45, including Mary & Joseph entering Bethlehem on a donkey and live music from local school and church choirs sharing the Christmas story.
In addition to the canned food and toy drive, Bethlehem Christmas Village will host the second annual launch of Boats of Hope, a fresh food drive that puts boxes of fresh, local food into the hands of needy families. Many oversized laminated paper boats will be illuminated on Saturday, December 20 at 5pm and pulled into Grand Lagoon to light up the night. To sponsor a Boat of Hope, call 763-7359 or register at BCvillage.org. Cost is only $10, of which $8 goes directly to purchase the fresh fruit & veggies. Purchase a boat in the name of a loved one.
Other Features of Bethlehem Christmas Village:
~ Census Taker & Tax Collector
~ Live Petting Animals
~ Angels Overhead
~ Obadiah Storyteller
~ Bethlehem Christmas Marketplace (food & gifts, Thurs thru Sat)
~ Shepherds Watching Over the Flock
~ “No room at the INN”
~ Nativity Scene / Live Nativity
~ Candy Cane Storyteller
~ Crab Pot Christmas Tree
From ALL of us to ALL of you,
Have a VERY BLESSED and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
TUESDAY, 11/11/14 This year, the FREE Veteran’s Day tradition continues; starting at 2:00 pm with a heartwarming program for all of the military branches. The public is invited to bring a lawn chair, grab a spot dockside in front of Capt. Anderson’s Marina ticket office and help us honor the men and women who give up so much of themselves for our freedom. Live music, local dignitaries, Blessing of the Troops, Presentation of Colors and Taps being played are all part of the program. In addition, there is a very moving section where different branches of service and vets from different wars are recognized. While watching them stand during portions of the music, it never fails to make us ALL stand a bit taller, prouder and thankful for their service. After the program ALL Veterans and their families (Retired & Current Serving Military) are invited to cap off the day on a FREE Sunset Dolphin Cruise from 3:30 – 5:00 pm! We will use two boats to do this, but seating is still limited so PLEASE call early to reserve your cruise tickets. 234-3435 or 234-5940 Concessions will be available for purchase during the cruise, and Marina Cantina will be open before the program for lunch and afterwards for dinner. What: Veteran’s Day Freedom Celebration – FREE When: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 @ 2:00 pm Who: All Public Invited – wear your patriotic colors RSVP: Not needed What: Sunset Dolphin Encounter Cruise – FREE When: Immediately after the program Who: All Veterans & their Families RSVP: 234-3435 or 234-5940 for cruise tickets
And the WINNER of the Grand Lagoon GRAND Prize is……
AND the WINNERS of the GRAND LAGOON FISHING CLASSIC are:
1st Place Ben Burkett, 24.8 lbs 2nd Place Jeff Lorren, 15 lbs 3rd Place Christian Notte, 9.19 lbs 4th Place Dalton Chappel, 8.10 lbs 5th Place Jerrod Pinion, 6.64 lbs 6th Place Jacob Pinion, 5.31 lbs 7th Place Ron Rychlicki, 4.52 lbs 8th Place Taylor Jones, 3.40 lbs 9th Place Jody Pinion, 1.94 lbs 10th Place Brock Moody, 1.83 lbs
Friday, October 10th
PIRATE FEST comes to the GRAND LAGOON!AARRRGGGHHHH Matey – Here’s the fun stuff you can do at Capt. Anderson’s Marina: 1pm-6pm KIDS Waterfront Pirate Activities – FREE Crab races, Fighting Chair Pull, Face Painting, Shell Painting, Fish Prints, Treasure Hunt, and more! 1pm-6pm Grand Lagoon Treasure Hunt Pirate loot is stashed all over the Grand Lagoon! Take part in this area-wide hunt and swing by the ticket office before 6pm to pick up your map and add something to your treasure chest of local goodies! Make sure to also enter the FREE drawing for a GRAND LAGOON “GRAND PRIZE” –a HUGE bundle of gift cards and items from area businesses! 4:30-5:30pm Pirate Invasion & Boat Parade Oh No…. Pirates are invading the Grand Lagoon! Jump aboard the Capt. Anderson III and join the boat parade chasing the invading Pirates through the waterway! All kids will be given a pirate themed accessory, and after we have chased them thru the lagoon and given the scoundrels a run for their money, we’ll “aarrggh” and “grrrr matey” and do some mock battles here at the docks when they land at 5:30 to invade the marina. **Space is limited* COST: Adult/$15 Kids/$8 Under 2/$FREE CALL 850-234-3435 for Pricing & Reservations 8:30pm Fireworks over Grand Lagoon click here for more information
PCB Seafood & Music Festival
Waterfront Activities @ Capt. Anderson’s Marina
Several stations are set up to teach our youngsters all the aspects of fishing – from knot tying to baiting hooks – and then learn about keeping the waterways and ecosystem clean. After that – it’s time for them to fish dockside at the Grand Lagoon Bridge! All gear, bait and instruction provided for 15 minute intervals. *SPONSORED by Busters Bait & Tackle* Parents bring your cameras, and be sure to enter your child in the drawing for a FREE KIDS TACKLE BOX! 6 entries will be pulled each hour at 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm!
1pm-6pm Bay County Fishing Heritage Exhibition – FREE
History ISN’T boring! You won’t want to miss any of the adventure found throughout the waterfront tent area, including:
- ~ Listen to “Old Salts” Storytelling
- ~ See a Gill net/Seine net demonstration
- ~ Check out the cool Diving Memorabilia
- ~ Watch a Fishing Rod tying demonstration
- ~ Learn how fish were cured by “salting” prior to refrigeration
- ~ Travel back in time w/Historical Pictures & Educational displays
- ~ Learn about the “voyage” of Capt. Anderson’s Marina, from the Panama City Marina over to the Historic Grand Lagoon
1pm-6pm KIDS Waterfront Activities – FREE
Crafts & Activities for all ages!! Pick out your crab to enter in the CRAB RACES, Strap yourself in and pick a partner to do battle in the FIGHTING CHAIR PULL, get your FACE PAINTED, take a real fish and make your very own FISH PRINT to take home, get your Pirate map and go on a GRAND LAGOON Treasure Hunt, and MUCH MORE!
12am-6pm Grand Lagoon Fishing Classic – FREE
*SPONSORED by Half Hitch Bait & Tackle* Weigh-in from Noon – 6pm. Calling all old salts, new salts, and even slightly salted – Get your lines in the water!! This is a true Rod & Reel fishing tournament for ALL – NO ENTRY FEE! Fishing can be done by boat, land, pier or jetty. Anglers will weigh up to three fish and the TOP TEN combined weights will take the winning spots. Winners will receive tickets to attend the two day concerts at PCB Seafood & Music Festival 10/17-10/18, and prizes will be awarded on Saturday, Oct 18, during the PCB Seafood & Music Festival at Aaron Bessant Park. For more information click here: www.HalfHitch.com
MON-SUN, 7/21/14 – 7/26/14
Previous AWESOME EVENTS at Capt. Anderson’s Marina (make sure to stay tuned for NEXT YEAR’s dates!!) :
Ocean Week, celebrated throughout the entire state of Florida from July 21-27, recognizes the 50th anniversary of SeaLab, the US Navy’s historic 11-day undersea experiment to an ocean depth of 193’ that proved man can live, work and explore underwater for extended periods. SeaLab began as an unassuming scientific project at the Mine Defense Laboratory in Panama City Beach, Florida. 50 years ago, visionary Dr. George Bond, along with his team members: Dr. Walt Mazone, Bob Barth, Lester Anderson, Sanders Manning, Dr. Robert Thompson and Mercury 7 Astronaut Scott Carpenter, changed the world of ocean exploration! Sealab 1 is now an exhibit located at Man in the Sea Museum. Capt. Anderson’s Marina is honored to be one of the GRAND LAGOON businesses hosting many educational events and fundraisers during Ocean Week including: MON 7/21 – SAT 7/26 SeaLab SEAFARI Eco-Tour in St. Andrews Bay – 10am – 12pm
- You don’t need to be underwater to see local marine life; we pull a trawl net and bring it to you during this hands-on experience which includes a narrated sightseeing & dolphin tour!
- Part of proceeds benefit to the Man in the Sea Museum
- SAVE YOUR STUBS! All children’s ticket stubs good for FREE entry to Man in the Sea Museum!
- Adult – $20, Military & Senior – $18, Child – $10, Under 2 – FREE
- For Reservations call 850-234-3435
- $35 fee all materials included, 10% of entry fee donated to Man in the Sea Museum, location @ MARINA CANTINA breezeway
- To sign up call 850-541-3867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
8am – 6pm Waterfront Market & Events – FREE / sponsored by Grand Lagoon Waterfront Farmers Market
- ALL things FISHY and FUN including: Fish Prints and Fish Hats, Fresh Seafood Market, Marketplace Vendors, Shell Painting, Book Signing, Hermit Crab Race, Fighting Chair Pull Contest, Blue Crab Races, Fishmonger Contest, Guy Harvey Foundation Mobile Unit, and MORE!
**Want to help? VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for the KIDS ACTIVITIES, as little or as long as you can! Please call Ronnie Barnes 850-238-9388 or Michelle Gerth 850-234-3435 9am – 1pm Kids Fishing Clinic & Dockside Fishing at Grand Lagoon – FREE / sponsored by Buster’s Beer & Bait
- Learn the basics of Casting, Knot Tying, Fishing Tackle, and being a Good Angler, then step across the inlet to fish under the Grand Lagoon Bridge! All materials provided.
**Want to help kids catch their very first fish? VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for as little or as long as you can! Please call Buster 850-234-9250 8am – 6pm Dive History Tents & LIONFISH EXHIBITS – FREE
- Check out the vast array of dive memorabilia and learn about the rich history of diving and its impact on local, national and international waters. Brought to you by Man in the Sea Museum
- Learn about the beautifully exotic but invasive Lionfish that threatens Florida’s native wildlife and habitat. Learn how this non-native predator fish affects us all, see the latest on harvesting efforts and join the local outreach movement to help eradicate them. Watch a demonstration of how to safely handle Lionfish, check out the stomach contents of a fresh caught specimen (ANGLER ALERT – all the fish they eat are the ones you want to catch!) and taste one yourself! Brought to you by FWC, ECRA, BCARA, SeaGrant, and more
5am – 4pm 3rd Annual Lionfish “Lion-Tamer” DIVE Tournament –sponsored by Divers Den
- Categories: Lionfish* / Red Grouper / Gag Grouper / Black Snapper
- Lionfish will be donated for Exhibition, Education, and tasting at the Cook-Off; all other fish may be kept by diver after weigh-in.
- The 3 Lionfish categories include the MOST, BIGGEST and SMALLEST.
- Lionfish will also be “wild cards”, each one to count as 1 lb towards fish of diver’s choice
- Click here for more information and DIVE TOURNAMENT entry form
- Click here to learn more about bringing LIONFISH FROM THE REEF TO THE TABLE
4pm – 6pm “Hungry for Lionfish” w/Chef Konrad from Schooners – FREE
- Wrap up the afternoon watching our local celebrity chef prepare Lionfish and then sample the fresh-caught lionfish (tastes like lobster?!) before heading out in the evening to one of the Grand Lagoon area restaurants to end your evening with good food, great music & lots of fun!
Capt. Anderson’s Marina