Capt. Anderson’s Marina is located in Panama City Beach, Florida

About Capt. Anderson’s Marina

Historical photo of Panama City BeachOriginal photo of Capt Andersons Marina - Vintage Photos of Panama City Beach FL

Where can I book fishing trips in PCB?Large fish caught in Panama City BeachFishing trips for kids - Where can I take the kids to fish in Panama City Beach, Florida?

 

 

 

 

 

Capt. Anderson’s Marina, owned and operated by two pioneer Bay County maritime families and the granddaddy of Panama City Beach Marinas. An estimated 1 million visitors per year, or practically everyone who partakes in the “world’s most beautiful beaches”, come to Capt. Anderson’s Marina for one reason or another. The Marina offer’s visitors of Panama City Beach a variety of recreational activities ranging from exciting deep sea fishing in the nearby Gulf of Mexico to sightseeing tours for shell island and dolphin encounters. The Marina also includes to superb restaurants, the world famed Capt. Anderson’s Restaurant and Dockside’s Hook and Cook – Oyster Bar. 

The Marina has 30 private charter boats, 4 dive boats and 5 large, ultra- modern, party fishing boats. For sightseeing tours we have the double-decker, glass bottom boat, the Capt. Anderson III that does narrated tours to Shell Island and romantic Dolphin encounters at sunset. The express ferry is a great option for someone who doesn’t want to be on a time limit at the island. The Shell Island Express Ferry zips out to Shell Island and drops you off. The Ferry runs hourly, so you could spend an hour or all day at the island.

Most Capt. Anderson Marina facilities operate year round and over 300 people work on the marina during the busy months, making it one of Bay County’s largest industries.

Capt. Anderson’s Marina opened in 1957, the creation of two veteran mariners, Capt. Max Anderson and his brother, Capt. Walter Anderson. Keeping a watchful eye on the operation and offering helpful advice was their father, Capt. C.S. Anderson, a legendary Panama City fishing boat skipper who died in 1968 at age 96. He built his last fishing boat when he was past 80 and remained active on the waterfront until his very last years of life. The Anderson family has been fishing local waters since 1855 and supplied salt fish to the confederacy during the war between the states.

Brothers Max and Walter opened Capt. Anderson’s Restaurant in 1960, and it was sold to the Patronis brothers Johnny and Jimmy Patronis, the present owners in 1967, following the death of Capt. Walter Anderson. Under the skilled hands of the Patronis brothers, second generation Greek Americans who were born into the culinary business, capt. Anderson’s Restaurant has become world famous and has been rated as one of Florida’s top ten eateries for the past several years.

Capt. George W. Davis & Sons, Inc. purchased half interest in Capt. Anderson’s Marina in early 1982 from Mrs. Judy Beth Anderson Groom, daughter of the late Capt. Walter Anderson. Capt. Max Anderson, dean of active bay County Fishing Skippers and at 77, patriarch of the famed Anderson fishing family, remained as owner of the other half interest in the marina. The Andersons operated from the old Panama City Municipal Dock, forerunner of the present Downtown Marina, before moving to the Grand Lagoon. 

Pioneer settlers of Allenton in east Bay County, the Davis family started it’s party fishing boat business in 1946, with the late Capt. George W. Davis as the founder. The famous Davis Queen Fleet operated out of St. Andrew’s Municipal marina prior to the merger with Anderson Fleet an moving to Grand Lagoon on April 1, 1982. The Anderson-Davis Families have  combination of over 200 years of fishing experience in local waters.  

 

SEINE NET-

Since arriving in N.W. Florida in the 1850’s, the Anderson family has always made their living by the sea. In the early days, mostly catching fish with nets and seines, sometimes with a hook and line. When the price of Red Snapper hit $.05 per pound, Capt. Charley Anderson hung up the seine and went after snappers. In 1935 he started taking customers out to catch snapper and grouper. Zane Gray, the famous western writer was one of his early patrons. 

In the next few years his four sons, Walter, Max, Lambert and Virgil followed suite and joined their family business. though they made their living taking people out fishing on the party boats, they still loved :striking” the net around a big school of fish. During the 1960’s, Capt. Walter and Capt. Max, co-founders of Capt. Anderson’s Marina, each had a net boat that they used to catch bait fish for their party boats. They also caught food fish in the fall and spring. In the 1990’s, Florida banned fishing with big nets so then they went into storage. In 2012, Capt. Max’s son, Ken Anderson, pulled out his dad’s old seine net that they fished with in the 1960’s. He has made this small part of history available to you. 

TripAdvisor


 

Panoramic photo of Capt. Anderson's Marina
Capt. Anderson’s Marina

Capt. Anderson’s Marina

5550 N. Lagoon Dr. Panama City Beach, Florida, 32408

800-874-2415 ~ 850-234-3435

 Click for Directions

Dee Sea Fishing Sign

Private Charters Sign

Shell Island Tours and Dolphin Tours

Events and Specials
Deep Sea Fishing Panama City Beach Charter Boats Panama City Beach Shell Island Trips and Dolphin Tours Lady Anderson Home Fishing Panama City Facebook Twitter Over